Fall Adult Softball League (18+)
The TAYBS Adult Softball league is a co-ed league with the goal of providing an enjoyable, recreational activity for all participants, regardless of age or skill level. The purpose of these rules is to foster a spirit of friendly competition among the participants which emphasize the social aspects of the game and minimizes opportunity for friction and confrontation.
- The league is open to everyone aged 18 and over.
- The non-refundable player registration fee for the season will be $40.
- There will be 10 teams with 14 players maximum on each.
- Prebuilt groups are allowed; however, the league will add additional players to get up to the 14-player cap.
- Players from the previous season, can request to play on the same team as last year.
- The game will be played with 70’ base paths, and a 46’ pitching distance.
- Teams will play with 10 fielders on defense – with at least 2 of them female.
- Games are slow pitch, three swing and misses and you are out, 7 inning games.
- There are no coaches, and each team will designate a “player-captain”.
- All games will be played at Craven Field at 15 New Fitchburg Rd, in Townsend, MA.
- The Snack Shack will be open for sales with all proceeds going back into our youth programs.
- Each team will be designated a color, but the teams must come up with their own unique team names.
- Games are once a week on Saturday’s and will begin on September 4th and end on October 24th.
- Games will be 95 minutes and scheduled in 105-minute blocks - start times adjust every week.
- Two-day single elimination tournament on the final weekend of the season. 4 full length games will be played on Saturday, and 5 full length games will be played on Sunday.
- If you no show for 4 games in a row, you will be considered withdrawn from the season. If you have not picked up your shirt, it will be forfeited at that time.
- To help with the burden of running the snack shack for almost 12 straight hours every week, we are asking that everyone take one 1-hour shift per season during a time that you do not have a game.
- The league will have team pictures taken of each team on week 4 – September 25th.
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR MALE PLAYERS, CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR TWO ADDITIONAL FEMALE PLAYERS.
Full season rules can be found here
Base Cost: $40.00
Open to: Women
|139 registrations 2 open positions. |