What is your mailing address?
- PO Box 443
- Townsend, MA 01469
What does the term “league age” mean for baseball and softball?
- When determining what division a child should be placed in, Babe Ruth rules uses the child’s “league age” and NOT school age or grade.
- Baseball league age is the age of a player on April 30th of the current season.
- Softball league age is the age of a player on January 1st of the current season.
I just registered my son/daughter for the TAYBS program. What will TAYBS provide for equipment, and what do I need to provide as a parent?
- Please refer to this page for a list of what is provided and what is the parents responsibility.
I want my child to play in a higher or lower division than the age guidelines allow. Can I do that?
- If you believe that your child is not developmentally ready for the competitive divisions (Minors and up) you can request that he or she remain in a lower division for an additional year. Please put your request in the comment section of the registration form or contact the league directly. Players that wish to move up will be decided on a case by case basis by the TAYBS Board of Directors. Please submit your request during registration.
Can I request my child be placed on a particular team, or with a specific coach?
- We DO NOT honor requests for specific placements in competitive divisions (Minors and up). We will try to honor requests in non-competitive divisions but we cannot guarantee it. We will guarantee the siblings will be kept together in both competitive and non-competitive divisions. If you would like to make a request, please add it to the Comments section of the registration form or contact the league directly.
My child registered for TAYBS back in September and now it’s March and they no longer wants to play. Am I eligible for a refund?
- Refunds will be granted for medical reasons only. All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the BOD for approval and are subject to a $25 fee to cover charter and insurance costs paid by the league. If uniforms have already been purchased, you will also be responsible for the costs of the uniform.
How are Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches identified and selected for baseball and softball?
- On the TAYBS registration form you will have the option to select that you are interested in being a Coach. The league will work with he previous years Head Coaches to determine who is interested on coming back to manage a team. From there Head Coaches are selected and presented to the BOD who has the final approval. All Assistant Coaches are selected by the Head Coaches for each team and again approved by the BOD. No Head Coach or Assistant Coach positions are automatically carried over from season to season.
How long is the baseball season and when are practices and games?
- Please see the individual program pages for details about the differant programs commitments.
As a TAYBS volunteer will I be required to submit to a background check?
- With the introduction of the federal law, the "Safe Sports Act of 2017", as well as long standing Massachusetts State Law, all adult volunteers that are in direct contact with children must pass a federal background check, a state background check (CORI), clear the national sex offender registry as well as complete an online course in sexual abuse prevention. Parents volunteering in the snack shacks, or volunteering outside outside of games, practices or clinics (i.e. field maintenance and cleanup) are not required to go thru the background process.